06 January 2012

My Bad...

Original Image


I've been a very bad Burrower. So bad, in fact, that I should receive a very good spanking. *nods hopefully* I missed two blogs. The first one really shouldn't have been missed, as I actually remembered that it was my turn, and even asked for some suggestions on my Facebook page. Somehow the Forgetful Fairy jumped on me though, and I never posted. And then I missed another one last week, and that one I forgot about entirely. *smacks self* I'm in need of a Reminding Prod a few days prior to blogging, obviously.

I've been absent on my personal blog too. In fact, the last time I blogged on there was October 16th, mid way through a challenge. Erk. Like I said, I've been a bad, bad, Burrower.

I never intend to forget. Indeed, I always tell myself that I must get my butt on a chair and start typing, both for here and my other blog. But you know, the longer you put things off (which is a procrastinator's favourite thing to do), the harder it is to get going again. So here I am, typing a little ramble so that I ensure not to miss three blogs in a row, because that would be beyond bad.

Luckily for me, it's 'Friday Free For All', which means I can talk about absolutely anything. This is good, because with my current non-blogging situation, I need something easy to get back in the habit.

In the interest of overcoming the badness with some goodness, I have allowed myself to be persuaded (I can be very convincing when I want to be) to pitch forth into the hitherto unknown abyss that is the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award. Now ABNA (not to be confused with ABBA, as I said to Cruella the other day), is probably well known to each and every one of you, so I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say that I finally decided that the chick-lit-cum-fairy-tale-cum-comedy-farce that I wrote for 2009's NaNoWriMo (another acronym that I'm pretty sure you're all aware of) is a suitable candidate for this year's competition.

I have no illusions. Winning is a pipe dream, really. But what I really want to come out of this is a couple of reviews, so I'm hoping to get past the first stage. Trouble is, getting past that first stage means that I need a super-dooper pitch to hook the judges with. Argh!! I'm a writer who can take a while to get going, if you know what I mean, and most of my stories take a while before you get to the (hopefully) good stuff. This makes writing a 300 word pitch pretty tough. And with the way I ramble, I'll be lucky to solicit a vaguely interested sniff, never mind a twitching nose.

Still, it's not the winning, it's the taking part, right? Who started that ridiculous saying, anyway? Of course I want to win! I know I won't win, but I still want to! Pipe dreams do come true sometimes, don't they? As do fairy tales... at least, in my world they do.

Hey lookie! I wrote a post! I'm a good Burrower after all! Toodle-loo!

Ooh, I didn't know we could add a location to our posts! Nice!

8 comments:

Shaharizan Perez said...

I was a bad Burrower too but I was sick. I have the next two blogs already scheduled. Yay! I promise to be a good Burrower too.

Jan Morrison said...

My name is Jan, and I'm a bad bad Burrower too. Maybe we need a meeting?

Cruella Collett said...

I vote for a Bad Burrower meeting. I'm so there!

Good luck with the winning :)

Amber T. Smith said...

Chary, it doesn't count if you are sick. *nods*

And yup... a Bad Burrower meeting sounds fabulous! Will there be beer?

ViolaNut said...

Can I still come even if I got my post up? I promise I'll bring the beer...

Amber T. Smith said...

Of course! Can't have a Burrower meeting without you, can we?

Unknown said...

I vote for Leanne to be facilitator at our meeting on the grounds that she has the beer. :D

ViolaNut said...

So I'm facilitating us getting bombed? Okay, that works... ;-)