02 May 2011

Read Any Good Blogs Lately?

It's 'Reading Monday', so this post is supposed to be all about what I've been reading recently, and what I would recommend. The problem is, I haven't actually been reading any books lately. I haven't read anything other than blogs for the last month, in fact.

When I took part in this year's April A-Z Challenge, I never dreamed it would eat up so much time. The writing of the posts themselves was nothing compared to the vast amount of blogs that all the challengers were honour-bound to read. Not that I'm complaining, because I have discovered so many new brilliant people in Blogland that my Blogroll is threatening to take over my blog page. My readership doubled during the month, and I have met more than a few people who I hope to continue interacting with for as long as I inhabit Blogland.

The lovely thing with blogs is that you really get a sense of the personality of the person who is blogging. No-one can blog regularly without their personality sneaking their way into the posts. Having met a few of my fellow Burrowers in real life, I can honestly say that their blogs reflect them perfectly, so I have proof of this. *nods firmly*

So my recommendation this week is to spend a few minutes when you can spare them, and read some blogs that you have never visited before. I'm not saying you will enjoy all of them - there were some that I found myself that I knew would not be my cup of tea - but I guarantee that you will be entertained, and I bet that there will be a few more blogs added to your regular reading list too.

Sometimes reading is not only about the story, but about what you will discover. Or who you will discover.

2 comments:

ViolaNut said...

*sigh* I simply don't have the stamina to keep up with lots of blogs. I read you guys, Cake Wrecks, and Hyperbole and a Half, and that's about all I can handle. Kudos for completing the challenge!

Natasha said...

I have to agree with Leanne. I don't have the stamina for keeping up with blogs any more. I am going to make a list of blogs I want to visit and stick to only those in future.