18 March 2011

Picture A Memory

It's past eleven pm, I have been up since 4.30 this morning, have gone to work, come home, cleaned the house, attended my son's parents' evening, come home again, cleaned, fed the kids, chased the cats, and heaven knows what else, and I had the silly idea that working an extra dawn shift tomorrow would be a good idea, so my blog post for tomorrow (er, today, when you see this) is a hotch-potch of hastily gathered photos from my photobucket account, with the vague idea that this is a sort of 'memories of me' kind of thing...

(And the length of the above sentence should also give you a hint of my true nature - that of a rambler - so that also nicely fits in with the topic of 'Who Am I? Friday).

Anyway, the earliest picture of me was taken when I was around four. Apparently the few baby pictures that were taken of me have disappeared, and I have no idea what I looked like at a younger age. I am pictured with my little sister, Lucy.



I am a little older in this next one, around seven or eight, I believe...




And this slightly embarrassing one was taken when I was sixteen. *cringes*



I'm not one for posing for the camera, and usually hide when somebody threatens to take a picture of me, but on your wedding day it's kind of hard to avoid. The first picture is obviously of myself and my husband, while in the second I am pictured with my two sisters. Lucy, the cherubic baby from above, is standing, while my elder sister, Andrea, is sat beside me.












 Although I usually hide from the camera, it doesn't mean that I don't get caught out every once in a while. This one was taken after several drinks had been consumed, and me, the hubby, and a friend were silly dancing at a school reunion themed party.



One of the few pictures that I am quite happy with is this next one. It was taken a couple of years ago when some of the Burrowers managed to meet up in Cardiff. There is Jess, Leanne, Hart, Me and Cruella. I always smile when I see this picture!



I think my best 'memory' picture is not one of me, though. I'm a bit ditzy, I like to write crazy stories, I swear a bit too much, am 'common as muck', a good friend (I'd like to think so, anyway), and a good wife. Primarily, though, I see myself as a mother, so my last picture memory is one of my two children, who exasperate and delight me in equal measures, and who inspire me in little ways every day.


7 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

Loved your little photographic meandering! Such a cutie! And I love our Burrow shot, too...

Just to be clear to any comment readers... that BIG BROWN beer in the foreground is MINE... teehee

Unknown said...

This was a great blog post! I love, love, love the photos. You have a lovely family. My favorite is the one where you guys look like the Blues Brothers at the school reunion.

Wish I had the funds to meet you all in Cardiff. :(

Amber T. Smith said...

Tami - that Burrow picture is the best, isn't it?

Chary - The school reunion was a good night. :) And the only reason I ended up meeting the others is because they came to ME. I have no funds at ALL for traveling...

Jan Morrison said...

Oh what fun! I love this photo ramble - especially the kid photos. Yay!

Natasha said...

I have seen all those pictures before (except the one of you with your two sisters), but it was wonderful seeing them again, specially since looking at them all in one bunch, you realise how little you have changed. The four year old Tara could well be the Tara of today.

ViolaNut said...

Awww, you left out the one from when you were about 9, the one that made me go WHOA! 'cause you and I looked ridiculously alike at that age (considering we don't resemble each other at all now). Great photo-tour!

Amber T. Smith said...

Thanks Jan!

Rayna - I thought I'd changed quite a bit, but seeing them all together, I can see what you mean. I still can't get over how Ellie is my virtual double at the same age, but seems only a little like me now...

Leanne - It's freaky how similar we were as kids. Awesome, but freaky. ;p