22 September 2010

Random Wednesday- Questions and Thoughts


Things That Make You Go . . . Hmmmm:

  1. Why does Hawaii have interstate highways?
  2. How do "Do Not Walk On Grass" signs get there?
  3. What happens to an 18-hour bra after 18 hours?
  4. When arresting a mime, do the police tell him/her "You have the right to remain silent?"
  5. Before inventing the drawing board, what did people go back to? Stone tablets?
  6. What do chickens think we taste like?
  7. What hair color do they put on the driver's license of a bald man?
  8. How do you know when you have run out of invisible ink?
  9. Why are there flotation devices in airplanes, but no parachutes?
  10. If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy all of her friends?
Random Thoughts of the Day:

  • We had a tornado in Staten Island (borough of NYC). Scared the crap out of me. I was like Dorothy with no Toto (Wizard of Oz).
  • The image above contains randoms. This is what happens when you enter a general term into Wikimedia Commons thinking you will get a specific image. It is a random coincidence event for positron emission tomography (The Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Yamamoto, Amano, Miura, et al.). Not really sure what this means and that is why it is random.
  • Why did the movie "9" contain the song "Welcome Home," by Coheed and Cambria, in its commercial but not in its movie? That was just wrong.
  • I really wish we could find better, cleaner energy sources than fossil fuels and nuclear energy for factories and cars. I don't want us to end up like the post apocalyptic world of "Mad Max."
  • I love National Geographic. It has wonderful video clips, assessments and picture galleries. Great resource for your own educational learning or for use by teachers in the classroom.
  • Lots of movie references above. Must unplug now.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Why *does* Hawaii have interstates!?

Thanks for giving me something to think about today! :)

Shaharizan Perez said...

Your welcome Elizabeth. I wanted to incorporate something about writing but all this randomness kept entering my brain.

It was fun to do!

Hart Johnson said...

I love those ponderence s, Chary--they are so fun! Definitely caught the spirit of the 'random' teehee

Natasha said...

You had me chuckling all the way, Chary. Now if this is not truly random, I don't know what is!

Shaharizan Perez said...

Thanks Hart and Rayna,

For some reason, my mind was all over the place when I posted this. I couldn't focus and I figured well that's the point of random, huh?

*has touches of ADHD lately*