18 September 2010

Drabble Dare 9- Results!

It is that time of week again! The announcement of the 9th Drabble Dare winner. Oh yeah!

Rayna provided us with a wonderful image of the week.


Our winner of Drabble Dare #9 is . . . *drum roll*


KATY FOSTER- DUGAN!!!!!!!

Without further ado, here is her drabble:


I can’t believe that this was still happening to me. It has been three years since he died.

Three years and I still break into tears in public.

I see something he would like and then I remember, and it feels like he only died yesterday.

“Are you alright?”

“I’m fine, I just got a speck of dust in my eyes.”

As soon as she looks away I’ll reach in my purse that I keep stocked for days like this. I’ll pull out my sunglasses, I’ll fake a smile, and try to remember the good I still have in life.


Congratulations, Katy!

I hope to read more of everyone's drabbles in the future. Don't be scared, just write! Tune in tomorrow for the next image for Drabble Dare 10.

4 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

Very nice drabble, Katy, and beautiful image, Rayna! I love the chaotic peeks into Indian life you give us with your photos.

Natasha said...

Thank you, Katy, for brining the lady alive.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for a photo that has so many stories in it Rayna. I was drawn to the lady's purple purse and then I couldn't stop wondering if she was crying and what had made her so sad.

Thanks Burrowers for picking my drabble.