03 June 2011

Who? Don't You Mean What?

Way Too Much...




Yup, it may be 'Who Am I? Friday, but it definitely should be 'What The Heck Am I Doing? Friday'. It's 10:15 am, I've been awake for a mere twenty minutes (I had a lie-in for once), and I suddenly remembered that it was my turn to write today's post. Erk.


That's not so bad - usually I leave everything until the last minute anyway, so it's not unusual - but this isn't the only window I have open on my laptop. As well as Blogger, I have two Word documents open. One of them is my BuNoWriMo novel, awaiting four thousand shiny new words today as I have to catch up from yesterday, and the other is a document titled 'Spartans 2 - Pirates of the Sparrebean' (don't ask). Then I have another Blogger window open so that I can skim through a few blogs that I'm following, and also because I'd really like to post on my main blog today because I know nothing will be added over the weekend, plus I want to try and post a couple of times a week this month at the very least.

And if four windows wasn't enough, then how about five? Obviously I need to have Facebook open so that my procrastinating urges are covered. *nods*

And this is me. Trying to do too many things at once, as usual. It's not so much biting off more than I can chew, it's more a case still trying to bite because the chunk is too big. I don't know why I do it to myself, I really don't. I mean, I know I'm going to get into trouble if I promise to do too much, but I still go ahead and promise anyway. And with my avoiding issues and dithering tendencies, you would think that I would have learned my lesson by now.

But no, here I am hastily putting a ramble together for today's blog, and I shall be moving on to my Word documents next. Technically I should really concentrate on my BuNoWriMo story first, but I have a feeling that the Spartans file will suck me in as I have the story floating in my head and it will only take a couple of thousand words to get it done.

Then again, I'm still half asleep, so Bejeweled Blitz is a good option for spending a few mindless minutes trying to wake my brain up. Or maybe Vegas Nights. Or possibly Undersea Treasure Slots.

*shifty*

Yup, that's me. Too many things to do, and far too many distractions to tempt me.


Image borrowed from here.

4 comments:

Christine Murray said...

I could have written this post. I too have way too many things piled on my plate (both figuratively and literally). I have a to do list as long as my arm, but yet it's sunny outside meaning I'm more laid back than usual. I'm sure I'll get it all done eventually...ahem!

CA Heaven said...

When you're working on a big project (for instance a novel), it's good to take some short breaks and do something else >:)

Cold As Heaven

Hart Johnson said...

*giggle* One of the very good reasons I largely write longhand... no distractions. You can do it all, Tara! I think being too busy makes us all more productive.

Amber T. Smith said...

Christine - Ugh, it's a gorgeous day here too - for a change! - so it's really hard to make myself work...

CaH - With me, it's more like my writing is the ten minute break from the playing. *snort*

Tami - I can't write longhand. I've tried, but I end up doodling instead, and then I can't make head nor tail of my writing because I write really fast and it's pretty illegible...