29 February 2012

Writing Wednesday: Randomness and Rome



Many do not know that my daughter, Ayanna, went to Rome for the mid-winter recess with her high school.  She spent nine days visiting: Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Assissi, and  Sorrento.  She chose a trip to Italy versus a Sweet 16, smart girl!  She knows I "got her" for her wedding when she is older.  :D

Here is Rome told in pictures:


The National Museum in Rome.




The city park's fountains meet the river. Not sure which park or river.




Locks are placed by couples crossing the bridge to symbolize their everlasting love.  Nice!



The ceiling of one of the many churches the group toured.



Ruins made into a cat sanctuary.  The ruins were caused by the extraction of the metal that supported the columns.  They were recycled and used elsewhere in Rome.



This is the exterior of one of the buildings my daughter toured.  Translation please?




Modern day market stalls in a piazza surrounded by lovely buildings.



A beautiful fountain on a busy street.  Ayanna said they must have seen at least ten different fountains including the Trevi Fountain.



Angels & Demons anyone?  I love this structure and all the angels surrounding it.



This is  . . . *drum roll*. . . the ruins of the Roman Coliseum.



This is my baby girl in front of the Trevi Fountain.  It was dark and I don't know who took the photo.



All roads lead to Rome.  I couldn't help myself.  This is an ancient Roman road that is approximately two thousand years old.  Looks good, doesn't it?





And last is a photo of the sunshine trying to burst out of the cloudy sky.  I have many more photos but will save them for my next post.  That's all folks!



Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

4 comments:

Johanna Garth said...

Looks like she had an amazing time! Good for her on choosing a trip to Italy over sweet 16. I would have made the same choice too :)

CA Heaven said...

Lots of cool things to se in Rome. The Vatican Museum is my favorite >:)

Cold As Heaven

Shaharizan Perez said...

@Johanna- She had a wonderful time! :D

@ CAS- She loved everything. I hope to go to Europe one day too. *dreams*

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, what great pics! Looks like she saw some amazing things!