29 November 2011

Topical Tuesday: Nighthawks and Winners




Lisa reaches over the counter for her coffee.  She looks earnestly at Robert and asks,"Will we ever get out of this mess?"

"I don't know.  It's been a long time since I've found work.  I'm too old to join the war."  Robert sighs heavily and looks into his cup for answers.

"I can always take an extra shift at the factory or put in a good word with the boss for you.  Maybe he'll take you on," Lisa looks at Robert with hope.

"Yeah, maybe," he replies dejectedly.

Sixty odd years later, and our financial woes are still the same.




Drabble- a story told in exactly 100 words.
Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons, Nighthawks by Edward Hopper (1942).


December Drabble Dare Results
The following are the drabble authors included in the Burrow's December project, Advent Calendar:

December 8th- Abigail Reed
December 16- Anonymous (Don't be shy and tell us who you are!)
December 24th- Tamika Perez
December 30th- Marian Youngblood

Congrats to all the drabble writers!  Be sure to visit us at The Burrow beginning on December 1st.  No peeking!  :D

2 comments:

ViolaNut said...

Weird, one of my buddies has a birthday today and that's one of his favourite paintings. Huh...

Shaharizan Perez said...

I read about Edward Hopper in the Coffeehouse Mysteries. *thanks to Leanne for recommending them* My daughter and I are totally hooked!