31 May 2012

BuNoWriMo Reminder

Okay everybody - only one more day till this year's mad word count race begins!  Yep, the Burrow is doing it again, holding our own WriMo in the month of June, and you're invited.  Yes, you.  Stop looking around for someone else.  The rules are simple - because there aren't any, really.  I mean, okay, so there's the standard 50,000 words in 30 days thing, but seriously, if you need to edit 500 pages, that's cool, or if you want to add to an existing work or write a drabble a day or just want to have some other writers to kvetch with for a while as you try to cudgel your muse into coughing up your next plotline, that's all just fine and dandy.

Like last year, we're hosting the group over on Facebook; we'll let anyone in as long as you ask nicely, so click here and go for it.  Our graphics whiz, Joris, made us lots and lots of avatars, and you can browse those in the photo album over there.

This one's mine (purple and green, y'see).  MINE.  Muahahahaha!
As for me, after last year's spectacular crash-and-burn (caused mainly, but not entirely, by a malfunctioning laptop) I'm just looking forward to doing some actual writing again.  Characters are yakking at me, I've got a soundtrack cued up and ready to go (it starts with Brahms Op. 115 if anyone cares), and miracle of miracles, I've got the first of June off!  No idea how THAT happened, but I'm planning on taking advantage of that, big time.  So what are you waiting for?  All the cool kids are doing it... well, okay, we're nerds, but nerds ARE the cool kids now, so there.

4 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

I'll be there! Or here but you know what I mean. Do I? Uh..yes. I'll be here writing away - my goal is 25 thou on new work and finish revision on old work. yah!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm ready!

ViolaNut said...

Aaaaaaaaaaand we're off! Racked up 2020 words so far today, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. :-)

Nissa Annakindt said...

I did not know about BuNoWriMo. I did find out about Camp Nanowrimo, which is in June and also in August, just in time to sign up for that.

Hey, it's working, by day 11 I got up to 17161 words, which for a slow writer like me is amazing.

Hope you are doing well with your word count quest.